NOTICE OF PUBLIC BUDGET HEARING
FOR THE TOWN OF BEETOWN, GRANT COUNTY
Notice is hereby given that on November 15th, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
At the Beetown Town Hall, a PUBLIC HEARING on the PROPOSED 2019 BUDGET for the Town of Beetown in Grant County will be held. The proposed budget in detail is available for inspection by calling the town clerk and setting up an appointment for the proposed 2019 Budget.
Dated this 31st day of October, 2018 ___________________, Sharon Bontreger, Clerk
NOTICE OF SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF THE ELECTORS OF THE TOWN OF BEETOWN, GRANT COUNTY
Notice IS Hereby given that on November 15th, 2018, immediately following completion of the Public hearing on the proposed year 2019 budget, which begins at 6:00 P.M. At the Beetown Town Hall, a SPECIAL TOWN MEETIING OF THE ELECTORS, called pursuant to Section 60.12(1)© of Wisconsin Statutes by the Town Board, for the following purposes, will be held:
1. To approve the 2018 town tax levy to be collected in 2019 pursuant to Section 60.10(1)(a) of Wisconsin Statutes of $288,412 which includes Debt services of $95,000.
Dated this 31st day of October 2018 _____________________Sharon Bontreger, Clerk
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE TOWN BOARD
Notice is hereby given that immediately following the completion of the Special Town Meeting of the Electors, on November 15th, 2018 a Town Board Meeting will be held for the following purposes:
1. For the Town Board to discuss and adopt the Year 2019 Budget and Levy for the Town of Beetown.
Dated this 31st day of October, 2018 _______________________, Sharon Bontreger, Clerk
NOTICE FENCE VIEWING.
8888 Budworth School Road
August 27, 2018.
Agenda: Vew and give Marvin Caley guidance on where to move the new illegal fence line to make it acceptable.
The Public Test for the voting machine will be held on August 10th at 3:00 pm at the town hall. The Primary election is on August 14,2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
STATE OF WISCONSIN
TOWN OF Beetown
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the Town of Beetown, Grant County, Wisconsin, shall hold it’s first meeting on the 6th day of June, 2018 at 7:00- 9:00 pm at the Beetown Town Hall.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view the property.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk, written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require any forms include stated valuations of the property in question, Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuations, unless the person supplies the assessor with all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s.73.03(2a), Wis. Stats., that the assessor requests. The town of Beetown has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office, or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s.19.35(1), Wis. Stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
8. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. Stats., that a person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Town of Beetown
Sharon Bontreger, Clerk