Beetown Township Cemetery Rules
August 9, 2018
Beetown, Burns, Flora Fountan (Slabtown), Mankle, & Pleasant Ridge
- There will be no foot stones allowed.
- There will be a six (6) inch extension of the monument base past the monument on all sides. The base shall be flush with the ground.
- Nothing may be installed without the prior permission of the Town Board. Where to dig and where to install monuments must have prior approval.
- All stones must be mounted on solid bases of good Quality cement with reinforcing.
- All debris (dirt) left over from graves and monument work must be removed.
- No trees or shrubs may be planted without approval of the Town Board.
- All decorations, flowers, religious articles must be attached or fastened to monuments. If they have to be moved for mowing they will be removed and discarded.
- All trash of any kind must be removed from the cemeteries.
- Up to 2 cremation vase or urns may be added to a lot, 4’ x 8’. There is no extra charge if the person buried owns the lot. If the urn is added to a lot owned by someone else, there will be a $100.00 charge payable to Beetown Township in place of perpetual care. There will also be a charge for urn burial, payable to the undertaker.
- The price for a burial lot is $300.00 each beginning January 5, 2011. This is for one burial.
- The price for the second cremation on a lot is $50.00
- If for some reason these rules have to be changed or new rules added they shall apply when approved by the Beetown Town Board.
Beetown Town Board
Attested to: Sharon Bontreger , Clerk
For Records, or purchase of grave sites contact: Alvin Bontreger (608) 794-2212
- Normally graves lay East to West. Size is normally of lot 4’ x 12’ feet. Grave opening is 3’6” by 8’1” feet. The opening starts at East end of lot and goes West. This leaves undisturbed dirt at West end of lot where Monument goes. A couple, (man and wife), have heads to west end of lot, bodies face EAST. Man normally on the right side as you face EAST.
- Grave Digger normally removes excess dirt after grave is filled. If you want extra dirt you must tell digger at the time of opening. Don Wilson 1-608-375-5589 Boscobel – Digger.
- When you mark the area where grave is to be dug, mark full size i.e. 4’ x 12’ or whatever size is.